Coreplus integration setup
The Coreplus practice management integration is one of our popular integrations for clinics and allied health practitioners who want to send their form responses automatically to Coreplus, each time a form is submitted.
Our online forms allow you to create and receive secure digital forms for client registration, intake, referrals, signed consent, assessments, and more.
How does the Coreplus integration work?
- Once a client submits a completed form, it’s automatically synced to their file in your Coreplus account.
- Got a new client? No problem! Once they submit an intake, registration, or referral form, a new client file will be automatically created in your Coreplus account with all their details filled in.
- For existing clients, you’ll find a PDF copy of the form automatically attached to their Coreplus file. You can also have existing client records updated with information from your form.
Start with an online form
Before you can integrate with Coreplus – you need to set up your online form in Snapforms.
Whether you have a brand new data collection idea or you’re already using some paper and PDF based forms, we can help you get up and running with an online form in minutes.
We recommend you check out our 10-minute getting started video or have a look through our written resources and guides to set up your form.
If you have an existing paper or PDF form and you prefer our team create a draft for you to try out, please send us your form and we’d be happy to help!
How to set up the Coreplus integration
- First you’ll need to enable the Snapforms addon in your Coreplus account and get your access token. Log in to your Coreplus account then click Setup -> Addons. Click the Snapforms addon tile, then enable the Snapforms addon if it is not already enabled. Copy the ‘access token’ displayed near the top of the page. You’ll need this later.
- Once you have the access token, head over to Snapfoms and edit your form. This guide assumes you’ve already created your online form using the drag-and-drop form builder. If you haven’t done this yet please follow these steps to set up your form first.
- Edit your form and head over to the Form Settings tab, as shown in the below image.
- Click the Integrations tab.
- Tick the box to enable the Coreplus Integration.
- Enter your access token which you obtained in step 1.
- Tick ‘Create new Coreplus client from form response’ if this form will sometimes be filled in by new clients, and you want them to be created automatically as a Client in Coreplus.
- Tick ‘If client exists in Coreplus update their details with the answers from this form’ if you want the details of existing clients to be updated based on this form response.
- Tick ‘Attach a PDF document to the Coreplus client file’ if you want a PDF copy of the completed form to be attached to the Clients ‘Files’ in Coreplus.
The recommended setup is to tick at least the ‘create new client’ and ‘send PDF copy’ options.
By default the PDF that will be attached looks exactly like your online form. The answers from the relevant form response will be populated in the fields.
If you do not need to customise this, you can leave everything as it is here.
If you need to customise the default PDF, design your own PDF document from scratch or use a pre-made fillable PDF instead, click ‘Add/edit PDF templates for this form’ and follow the instructions in the PDF templates guide.
- Using the Field mapping settings you need to map your form fields with the relevant Coreplus client fields. The First and Last Name fields are critical for the integration to work, so start by selecting the fields on your form that are used for the clients first and last name.
- Click ‘Add another field’ to map more of your form fields with Coreplus client fields. The more fields you map, the more information will be filled in the Coreplus client record if a new one is created or an existing one is updated. Try to have at least one of the DOB, email or phone number field mapped too.
- Once done, Save your form using the Save button in the top right.
Once you’ve completed the above steps, your form responses will start to automatically sync with Coreplus.
Feel free to go ahead and give it a go!
TIP: Ensuring your form responses sync with the right Coreplus Client record
As long as you have mapped the ‘First Name’ and ‘Last Name’ fields from Coreplus to the fields on your form, our system should be able to automatically check whether the relevant Coreplus Client exists or create a new one for you each time you receive a form response.
We will also be able to send a PDF copy of the entire form response in to the Client file.
If your form also contains any or all of the following fields and you have them mapped, it will increase accuracy and help distinguish between Clients who might have the same name. These are not mandatory but good to have:
- Phone Number
- Date of Birth
- Email Address
TIP: Populating all the relevant fields when new Coreplus Client records are created
The minimum required information for creating a new Coreplus Client record is the First Name and Last Name. Everything else is optional.
If you have ‘Send PDF copy of form responses to Coreplus’ ticked, you’ll always get a full PDF copy of the whole form response sent to the Client files in Coreplus.
If your form contains any of these fields, and you have them mapped to Coreplus fields, they will also get populated with information for the new Client record:
- DVA Card Number
- Date of Birth
- Medicare Card Expiry
- Medicare Card IRN
- Medicare Card Number
- Middle Name
- Notes 1
- Notes 2
- Phone Number Fax
- Phone Number Home
- Phone Number Mobile
- Phone Number Work
- Postal Address – City
- Postal Address – Post Code
- Postal Address – State
- Postal Address – Street Address
- Preferred Name
- Residential Address – City
- Residential Address – Post Code
- Residential Address – State
- Residential Address – Street Address
TIP: Populating two form fields in to one Coreplus client field
There may be a situation where you need to populate two form fields in to a single field in Coreplus, for example in the ‘Notes’ field.
To do this you can simply map two different form fields to the same Coreplus field. Map them in the order you want them to appear in the Coreplus field. Example below:
TIP: Use logs to troubleshoot the integration
If you’re unsure whether your integration is working correctly you can check the integration logs for any form response.
To find these please follow the below steps:
1. Click Forms in the left-hand navigation menu, then next to any of your forms click Actions -> View Responses.
2. Next to any of your form responses click View/Download.
3. Scroll to the bottom of the response details to see the integration logs if there are any integrations enabled.