Take payments on your form with eWAY
If you have an account with eWAY , you can use our eWAY integration to take credit card payments directly on your online form. Your payments will be securely taken in eWAY.
Please follow the steps below to set up the eWAY integration.
Start with an online form
Before you can integrate with eWAY – you need to set up your online form in Snapforms.
Whether you have a brand new data collection idea or you’re already using some paper and PDF based forms, we can help you get up and running with an online form in minutes.
We recommend you check out our 10-minute getting started video or have a look through our written resources and guides to set up your form.
If you have an existing paper or PDF form and you prefer our team create a draft for you to try out, please send us your form and we’d be happy to help!
Set up the eWAY integration – Adding the payment field to your form
Set up a form with all the fields you require, then drag in the ‘Payment’ field on to your form.
1. In the ‘Question’ field, enter a heading such as ‘Pay Now’ or ‘Credit Card Details’.
2. Select ‘Tick if answering this question is compulsory’ if users must make a payment before they can submit the form.
3. Choose ‘Eway’ as the payment provider.
4. Enter your API Password, API Key, and Encryption Key. You need to get these from Eway by following the steps in this guide: https://go.eway.io/s/article/How-do-I-setup-my-Live-eWAY-API-Key-and-Password
5. If taking payments on the spot, enter a payment amount in this format: 100.00
6. If you are only storing credit card details in your Eway portal for later charging – tick ‘Store customer credit card details only’.
Optional: Change price dynamically based on form choices
If your form has a static payment amount (that does not change), leave this unticked and ignore this section.
However if you would like the payment amount to change depending on what the user selects in the form (for example making a product selection), tick ‘Change price dynamically based on form choices’.
You will then need to add in the fields that will determine the price on your form.
There are two methods to making this happen. The first method is to use one or more of these field types:
1. Dropdown List
2. Choose One
3. Choose Multiple
In order for the choice to affect the payment price, you need to ensure the option has a $ symbol in it.
If needed, adding in multiple of these fields will combine a total price as the final payment amount.
See the screenshot for more info.
If you do not wish to use choice fields but instead a ‘Short Answer’ or ‘Calculation’ field to determine the price, simply add one of these fields and name the field ‘Amount’. The dynamic payment price will be taken from this field.
Once done editing, save your form and start taking payments!