Automatically add a PDF copy of a form response to OneDrive
In this example we want to add a PDF copy of a form response to OneDrive.
You can follow a similar path to add a PDF copy to Sharepoint or any other system supported by Power Automate.
This example assumes you have already completed:
- The entire ‘How to connect Snapforms to Power Automate’ section of the Power Automate setup guide.
- Steps 1-7 in the ‘How to use Snapforms in your flows’ section Power Automate setup guide.
Please complete those before proceeding.
The trigger ‘When a form response is submitted’ will start the flow when ever a form response is received on your form.
8. To get started add an action to your flow, search for Snapforms or click the ‘Custom’ tab and select the ‘Retrieve PDF URL for Download’ action.
9. Select the Form Slug and Response ID settings as shown in the below screenshot.
Now that you’ve already added an action to get the download URL for the PDF file from Snapforms, it’s time to add another action to download the PDF file.
10. Add another action, then search for and select ‘HTTP’.
11. In the settings for the HTTP action, select ‘GET’ as the method and then select the PDF URL as the URL to download.
Now that you’ve added an action to download the PDF file from Snapforms, it’s time to add another action to send the PDF file to your required system.
In this example we’re using OneDrive.
12. Add another action, then find and select the ‘Create file’ action by searching OneDrive in the actions list.
Populate your settings for the Create file OneDrive action.
13. Your folder path can be anything you like. In this example we have used ‘snapforms-pdfs’.
14. Your File Name can be anything you like. In this example we have used the original file name of the uploaded file.
15. Select ‘Body’ in the File Content. This takes the file downloaded in the HTTP action.
Save the flow. Each time your form is submitted, you should now find the PDF copy automatically added to your OneDrive.