The Mailchimp integration allows you to add and update Mailchimp audience subscribers automatically using the details from your submitted form responses.
This is a direct integration between Snapforms and Mailchimp and is an alternative to the more flexible approach of using our Microsoft Power Automate connector to connect Snapforms and Mailchimp.
How does the Mailchimp integration work?
- Once a user submits a completed form, they get automatically added or updated in your Audience list in Mailchimp.
- When syncing the Audience member with Mailchimp, you’ll be able to add or update their email, name, address, phone, birthday or any of your custom merge fields.
Start with an online form
Before you can integrate with Mailchimp – you need to set up your online form in Snapforms.
Whether you have a brand new data collection idea or you’re already using some paper and PDF based forms, we can help you get up and running with an online form in minutes.
We recommend you check out our 10-minute getting started video or have a look through our written resources and guides to set up your form.
If you have an existing paper or PDF form and you prefer our team create a draft for you to try out, please send us your form and we’d be happy to help!
Enable the Mailchimp integration
1. Head over to Snapforms and edit your form. This guide assumes you’ve already created your online form using the drag-and-drop form builder. If you haven’t done this yet please follow these steps to set up your form first.
2. In your form edit screen head over to the Form Settings tab.
3. Click the Integrations tab.
4. Tick the box to enable the Mailchimp Integration.
5. If you haven’t yet authorised the connection between Snapforms and Mailchimp, click the link to begin this process.
Authorise with your Mailchimp account
If this is your first time setting up a Mailchimp integration in your Snapforms account, you’ll need to follow these steps to make the connection.
From the popup that appears, log in to your Mailchimp account and click Allow to grant access. Wait a few seconds for this action to complete and the popup window to close.
Configuring the Mailchimp Integration
Once you have successfully enabled and authorised the integration you’ll see the relevant integration settings.
1. Enter the Audience ID for the Mailchimp audience list that this integration should work with. To find your Mailchimp audience ID please follow the steps here.
2. Tick ‘Create a new Mailchimp subscriber if one doesn’t already exist’ if this form should create new Mailchimp subscribers. New subscribers will only be created if an existing one is not found with the same email address.
3. Tick ‘If a subscriber exists in Mailchimp update their details with the answers from this form’ if you want existing subscriber fields to be updated with the details on the form submission.
4. Using the Field mapping settings you need to map your form fields with the relevant Mailchimp subscriber fields.
5. The Email Address mapping is critical for finding or creating new subscribers. Please ensure you’ve mapped the email address field at a minimum.
6. The rest of the mappings (FNAME, LNAME, ADDRESS, PHONE, BIRTHDAY) are optional.
7. Click ‘Add another field’ to map more of your form fields with any custom merge fields you’ve added to your audience/subscribers.
8. Once done, Save your form using the Save button in the top right.
Once you’ve completed the above steps, your form responses will start to automatically sync with Mailchimp.
Feel free to go ahead and give it a go!
TIP: Use logs to troubleshoot the integration
If you’re unsure whether your integration is working correctly you can check the integration logs for any form response.
To find these please follow the below steps:
1. Click Forms in the left-hand navigation menu, then next to any of your forms click Actions -> View Responses.
2. Next to any of your form responses click View/Download.
3. Scroll to the bottom of the response details to see the integration logs if there are any integrations enabled.