Email Address fields only accept entries that are in a valid email format.
If a form auto responder email is enabled, it will send the email to the first Email Address field on the form.
To add an Email Address field to your form, click the Email Address Field in the available fields section on the left-hand side of the screen and drag it to the appropriate place on your form.
While editing your field, click ‘Show Advanced Options’ to configure some of the below options for this field.
Every field has some unique advanced settings specific to its field type. There are however some common advanced settings that are regularly used across multiple field types.
- Question (Label): Entering a value in this field will override the ‘Question (Name)’ field as the question shown to users on the form. If you’d like to have multiple fields with the same question shown, you can set different ‘Question (Name)’ for internal reference, and have the same ‘Question (Label)’ across multiple fields.
- Hide the question: Ticking this will show the field for the user to type in, without showing the field question.
- Default answer: Inserts a default answer in to the field. This is useful to have an answer selected even if the user doesn’t specifically fill out this field.
- Placeholder: Insert some placeholder text that disappears when the field is typed in. This is useful to show the user an example of what they might type in.
- Further instructions: Add some informative text just below the field.
- Do not allow previously entered value: Enabling this setting will ensure that all answers to this question, across all responses for this form are unique. This may be useful for email address fields where you only want the same user to fill your form once, or fields such as vouchers or coupons where the value should only be used once.
- Conditional logic: This can be turned on to show/hide this field under certain conditions based on answers to other fields. Read more on conditional logic here.