Nookal integration setup
The Nookal practice management integration is one of our popular integrations for clinics and allied health practitioners who want to send their form responses automatically to Nookal, each time a form is submitted.
Our online forms allow you to create and receive secure digital forms for client registration, intake, referrals, signed consent, assessments and more.
How does the Nookal integration work?
- Once a client submits a completed form, it’s automatically synced to their file in your Nookal account.
- Got a new client? No problem! Once they submit an intake, registration or referral form, a new client file will be automatically created in your Nookal account with all their details filled in.
- For existing clients, you’ll find a PDF copy of the form automatically attached to their Nookal file. You can also have existing client records updated with information from your form.
Start with an online form
Before you can integrate with Nookal – you need to set up your online form in Snapforms.
Whether you have a brand new data collection idea or you’re already using some paper and PDF based forms, we can help you get up and running with an online form in minutes.
We recommend you check out our 10-minute getting started video or have a look through our written resources and guides to set up your form.
If you have an existing paper or PDF form and you prefer our team create a draft for you to try out, please send us your form and we’d be happy to help!
How to set up the Nookal integration
- First you’ll need to generate a new API key in your Nookal account. To get this key please log in to your Nookal account, click Setup, then under Connections click Integrations. Find the Snapforms integration in the list and activate it.
Once activated click ‘Configure’, then copy the API key for use in the next steps.
- Once you have the key, head over to Snapfoms and edit your form. This guide assumes you’ve already created your online form using the drag-and-drop form builder. If you haven’t done this yet please follow these steps to set up your form first.
- Edit your form and head over to the Form Settings tab, as shown in the below image.
- Click the Integrations tab.
- Tick ‘Nookal’.
- Enter your API key (which you generated in step 1 above).
- Tick ‘Create new Nookal client from form response’ if this form will sometimes be filled in by new clients and you want them to be created automatically as a client in Nookal.
- Tick ‘If client exists in Nookal update their details with the answers from this form’ if you want the details in existing client records to be updated based on this form response.
- Tick ‘Send PDF copy of form response to Nookal’ if you want a PDF copy of the completed form to be attached to the clients ‘Documents’ in Nookal.
The recommended setup is to tick at least the ‘create new client’ and ‘send PDF copy’ options.
- Using the Field mapping settings you need to map your form fields with the relevant Nookal client fields. The ‘First Name’ and ‘Last Name’ fields are critical for the integration to work, so start by selecting the fields on your form that are used for the clients first and last name. If you’re creating new client records in Nookal, the ‘Email’ and ‘Date of Birth’ fields are also critical.
- Click ‘Add another field’ to map more of your form fields with Nookal client fields. The more fields you map, the more information will be filled in the Nookal client record if a new one is created or an existing one is updated.
- Once done, Save your form using the ‘Save’ button in the top right.
Once you’ve completed the above steps, your form responses will start to automatically sync with Nookal.
Feel free to go ahead and give it a go!
TIP: Ensuring your form responses sync with the right Nookal client record
As long as you have mapped the ‘First Name’ and ‘Last Name’ fields from Nookal to the fields on your form, our system should be able to automatically check whether the relevant Nookal client exists or create a new one for you each time you receive a form response.
We will also be able to send a PDF copy of the entire form response into the client file.
If your form also contains any or all of the following fields and you have them mapped, it will increase accuracy and help distinguish between clients who might have the same name. These are not mandatory but good to have:
- Phone Number
- Date of Birth
- Email Address
TIP: Populating two form fields into one Nookal client field
There may be a situation where you need to populate two form fields into a single field in Nookal, for example in the ‘Notes’ field.
To do this you can simply map two different form fields to the same Nookal field. Map them in the order you want them to appear in the Nookal field. Example below: