Take bookings on your form
There are two different ways to take bookings on your form. Each method uses a different field type, so it’s important to decide which approach you need.
Both methods allow cancellations, defining the number of bookings allowed per time slot, and multi-location bookings.
Method 1: Booking Field
The dedicated booking field is good for situations where you have a specific set of booking date and time slots available. For example:
14th May: 9am, 9:30am, 10:am, 11am, 12:30pm, 1pm
15th May: 9am, 9:30am, 10:am, 11am, 12:30pm, 1pm
16th May: 1pm, 2pm, 3pm
17th May: 1pm, 1:15pm, 1:30pm
Method 2: Date & Time Field
Using the date and time field, you can set up indefinite/ongoing booking slots in to the future. For example:
Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, every 30 mins.
After deciding which method you’d like to use to take bookings, follow the relevant guide below.
Method 1: Bookings using the Booking field
After editing an existing form or creating one from scratch, add a “Booking” field to your form. Follow along the below steps in the below video to configure your booking form settings.
- Drag a Booking Field in to your form and give it a name.
- Tick to enable multiple locations if you have multiple booking locations or events.
- Add locations one by one. Press TAB after typing a location to add it.
- Click a location to select it, and add the available dates to your location.
- Click a date to select it, and type in your time slots to add to your date. Press TAB after typing each time slot to add it.
- You can click on the number of slots per time to change it (default is 12 slots per time).
- Save and close your field.
Method 2: Bookings using the Date Field
After editing an existing form or creating one from scratch, add a “Date Select” field to your form.
- Edit your Date Select field, click on “Show Advanced Options” and then tick the ‘Enable time picker‘ box. Once enabled you have a number of configuration options to help control how your bookings can be taken:
- Hour Increment – This setting controls how the hour ticks up between the Min time and the Max time. For example, if you set Hour increment to 2, and the Min time to 8:00 am and the Max time to 4:00 pm, the user would be able to select from 8:00 am, 10:00am, 12:00 pm, 2:00 pm and 4:00 pm
- Minute Increment – This allows additional booking slots between the hours that can be picked. Using the above example, if you put minute increment as 15, it would also allow 10:00 am, 10:15 am, 10:30 am, 10:45 am, 12:00 pm, 12:15 pm etc.
- Max. submissions per date/time – This controls the maximum number of bookings per date/time slot.
- Min time – This is the earliest time of day that can be selected as an option on your form.
- Max time – This is the latest time of day that can be selected as an option on your form.
- Disable past dates – We recommend turning this on for bookings to prevent users from selecting past dates.
- Disable certain days – Use this to disable certain days of the week.
- Min & Max Date allowed – Use this to set a minimum or maximum date period for accepting bookings.
Multiple booking locations or fields
If you have multiple booking locations, or events that you need to take bookings for, you can add multiple copies of the “Date Select” field and then have them show or hide based on the selection of another field, such as a dropdown “Choose Location” using conditional logic.